The Ballarat Group Practice (or BGP) is a large regional medical practice committed to offering comprehensive healthcare to individuals and families within the Ballarat community.
Our aim is to provide the highest possible quality of care by ensuring excellence in all aspects of our practice.
Currently employing over 80 staff and located at three sites across Ballarat, we are an experienced and compassionate team of healthcare professionals, actively involved in teaching medical students and GP registrars.
Our clinics consist of:
A flexible appointment system enables us to accommodate patients with urgent, non-urgent, complex and planned chronic care, and preventative needs.
Weekend appointments and after-hours care is available for our patients outside of normal clinic hours.
The Ballarat Group Practice has developed a policy to protect patient privacy in compliance with privacy legislation. We place great importance on ethical and responsible behaviour as essential to maintaining the trust and loyalty of our patients and staff.
Our aim is to give our patients the highest possible quality of care, by ensuring excellence in all aspects of our Practice. We endeavour to provide patients with the best and most current treatments, methods, materials and equipment within our resource capabilities to ensure that they receive the high quality of service they have come to expect. We believe the patient comes first. Teamwork is highly valued and encouraged within the Practice to promote harmonious and productive environment. We hold great importance in ethical and responsible behaviour as essential to maintain the trust and loyalty of our patients and staff.
The Ballarat Group Practice is committed to providing its patients with a high standard of care for the benefit of each patient's health and well being.
During the Second World War, with many doctors away on active service, those who remained performing civilian service found that co-operation was essential and realised the value of being able to work together. Consequently after the war the idea of partnership and group practice was much more recognised than before.
Dr. W.A. Sloss and Dr. W.R. Griffiths had been in partnership since 1929 and in 1946 they, with Dr. W.A. Pryor and Dr. E.R.G. Sheil considered the possibility of forming a joint group practice.