Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated 13th May, 2020
For the most up to date information visit:
Call the Department of Health and Human Service’s dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398 if you develop symptoms. This hotline is serviced by Nurse-on-Call.
Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
What is the Ballarat Group Practice doing during this crisis to keep the community safe?
BGP are striving to ensure that your health needs are supported throughout these uncertain times.
We have made some necessary changes in order to provide the safest environment for all our patients.
All three of our sites offer:
- Telehealth Consultations – which can be booked online via our website or alternatively call our practice
- Face to Face Consultations – available as required or as recommended by your GP
- Care Plans - via telehealth or face-to-face, ensuring your health remains on track
- Phone Triage – our friendly reception staff are screening all patients for potential risk of COVID-19
- Concierge/Triage Screening - you will be greeted by our Registered Nurses upon arriving, who will continue the triage process along with taking your temperature and promoting hand hygiene
- Clean Safe Environment – all our surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected, particularly those that are commonly touched
- Distancing – is being maintained, if you do have a face-to-face consultation, by ensuring our seating is 1.5 metres apart, along with floor markings as guidance and the installation of Perspex screening at reception
- Pre-paying Accounts – may be requested at time of booking a consult or alternatively, we encourage the use of “tap and go” to minimalize risk
BGP is still operating with the necessary adjustments to ensure that everyone within the Community is safe within their medical practices.
Your health is important and remaining open and continuing to provide excellent health care throughout these uncertain times is our priority.
With the increase of calls and enquiries due to COVID-19 and flu vaccines, we ask that patience, understanding and tolerance be displayed as everyone at BGP is working hard to support you.